Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Finally...A Christmas Post

Nothing like posting about Christmas in the New Year, right?  Better late than never....which has become my motto in life these days! ;)

Let me say that having the holidays off this year has been AH-MAZ-ING.  I don't know how I'll deal next year, I really don't.  I should plan to have all of my babies towards the end of the year! ;)

We started Christmas off by heading to Athens to visit Hadley's Nana and Grandpop (otherwise known as David's parents.) on Friday after David got off work.  Aunt Susan and Uncle Chase came Saturday evening and we had a grand ol' time opening gifts!  Hadley got some wonderful things and we had a great time just hanging out.

David video-taped Christmas at the Bell's house and I was holding Hadley so we don't have any pictures.  Great mom moment--I know.  But Aunt Susan took some pictures and this is one she took of the whole family.



We headed up to Charlotte Monday afternoon to spend Christmas with my family!  It's always a lot of fun and this year was no exception.

Everyone spent the night at my grandparents house--dogs included.  To say we had a full house was an understatement!  I can't even imagine having a toddler walking around next year, plus 3 dogs, plus everyone else.  I need to start preparing my nerves for that pronto!




We took a very special photo this year.  Hadley is a lucky girl to have great-grandparents that are still so young and spry! ;)  We have four generations of girls now that Hadley is here so we had to get a picture!  We have a picture like this from when I was born with my great-grandmother, too!



David and I went to the Christmas Eve church service with my aunt, uncle, and cousins.  Hadley stayed home and my Granddaddy got to feed her a bottle.  I think he was in heaven. :)




That man loves my girl more than life.  I think the feeling is mutual, though, she always looks so comfortable snuggled up next to him!




David and I had a great time helping Santa put out his gifts to Hadley.  It was so fun to be on that end of Christmas this year.  She was awake long enough to see all of those toys and open her stocking before she had enough and passed out. :)  David and I ended up opening the rest of her gifts (that we wrapped....).








Christmas day was so enjoyable for me.  I so miss my family now that I've had my sweet girl.  I want them to see her grow up and I want her to have relationships with all of them so spending time with them meant a lot to me.  So sappy!




This holiday was definitely one for the books...the best one yet!  I know Hadley won't remember it, but I will and that's what counts, haha!




**PS- Hadley gave us the best gift for Christmas.  She slept through the night for the first time Christmas Eve!  I was scared out of my mind when I woke up to sunlight coming through the windows and realized she hadn't woken up!  As soon as I realized she was, in fact, still breathing I was one happy momma!**

No comments :

Post a Comment