Friday, February 7, 2014

5 on Friday

Let's get right down to business!  I worked last night and need a cup of coffee ASAP!

ONE.
This Coach Factory website is going to be the death of my bank account.  The one good thing is that I can't justify buying a bunch of purses right now since I basically carry a diaper bag everywhere.  But I bought a new wallet a few weeks ago, and my new sunglasses came yesterday.  Now if it would only stop raining so I could wear them...


TWO.
Hadley's easter basket came this week!  I love it.  It's from Pottery Barn Kids.  I got the white sabrina easter basket with the pink gingham liner.  Of course I got the big size.  And now I have to fill it, haha!  Any ideas?  I'm going to put "The Velveteen Rabbit" and "Audrey Bunny" in it.  But that's definitely not going to fill it up.


THREE.
It was 40 degrees Sunday.  Monday it was 66.  Crazy.  It felt so good outside that I made a pallet in our yard, packed up some toys, and we went outside to play for the afternoon.  Hadley hasn't played outside yet and I think she really enjoyed it.  There was so much to look at, so many noises to hear.  I can't wait for it to warm up a little more so we can do this more often!



FOUR.
I read "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith--in one day. I know I'm way behind in reading it, but I more than made up for it.  It was so good and I'm looking at the story of Lazarus in a whole new light.

FIVE.
I'm having a hard time getting rid of my last few pounds from pregnancy.  More specifically the "flab" that was left.  I am under no impression that my body will ever be the same, and truth be told,  I don't want it to be.  My body did something amazing and I have a beautiful daughter to show for it.  I don't know if I'll fit into any of my pants or shorts again and I don't mind buying new ones to fit my new body, but I would like the flab to go away.  I'm running 3 times a week and doing some ab work the other days, but it's just not budging.  Anyone have any ideas??!  Also, I read this blog post a couple weeks ago and just sobbed through it.  I related so much to what the author was saying.  It's a beautiful post!


 Happy weekend, friends!   My blog is going through an update so bear with me on the lack of design until we get it fixed!

15 comments :

  1. We have that same Easter basket, except a boy version! Last year my son really liked plastic eggs....we didn't put anything in them but he loved playing with them and opening them up. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the link up. That's the Easter basket I've picked out for my little sweetie! I love it!

    On the mid-section work you're trying to do (and I am by no means an expert but I'm in the same boat) you might google "navel to spine" exercises and see if you find some good answers. I'm working on that exact spot right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya girl friend, I got a Coach catalog in the mail with some extra savings coupons... I mean how can I resist buying something now when i can get extra money off! Lol The basket you bought Hadley is super cute! I received a velveteen rabbit from my parents when I was a baby and I still have it, it became my favorite! P.s her blue eyes are so beautiful!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you on the link up! Your little one is so precious, those big blue eyes!! Ah! And I didn't know about the Coach Factory website, I feel like this can't be good. haha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the link up. My daughter has that same Easter basket. I can't remember what I put in it last year but you can always put cute sippy cups, spring clothes and little toys. I always find cute items at Target. :) Hadley is so adorable! I can't get over her blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sunnies are so perfect! I hope the skies clear so you can enjoy them to their fullest!

    Caitlin C

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little cutie! Those sweet little eyes!

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It took me almost 2 years to lose all the weight I gained during my first pregnancy, but I was able to lose it all and 10 pounds more. There were times during those first two years that I was able to focus on it more and then there were times when I wasn't able to focus on it (moving, remodeling), but gradually I was able to work my way back down in weight. I did tons of walking and running but I also did Pilates to help tone my muscles. Something like pilates, yoga, or some other type of strength training really helps with the flab. Mostly though, I think it takes time for our bodies to bounce back. And you're right, our bodies may not ever be quite the same again, but for a wonderful reason.

    Cat
    MaryMarthaMama.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this post... The sunglasses, Easter basket, the sweet pictures of your little one!! And the way you talk about your post-pregnancy body is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sunglasses are cute ...not nearly as cute as your lit'l Hadley though!! Adorableness :) Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the link up. Your sweet Hadley is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those sunglasses! I have a pair of Coach aviators I wear ALL the time! They last forever! (that is if I don't lose them). Ps. Hadley's eyes are beautiful! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Easter basket! I totally agree that the way you talk about your body post-pregnancy is great...I love that post you shared. You should look into high-intensity interval training :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got my 7.5 month old daughter that basket in January with the purple liner:) I say fill it up with books, sippy cups, bowls, suction plates, forks, spoons, bathing suit, personalized towel, baby sunscreen, etc. Ok, so now you know I've been thinking about this too;) Found you through the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popping over from the link up! Your daughter is adorable!
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete