Friday, March 21, 2014

5 on Friday

It's been a few weeks since I participated in 5 on Friday so I'm happy to be back!  I hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend.  It's supposed to be warm and sunny here, so I am really excited about that!

{ONE}  Marley took a trip to the vet this week.  I'm not sure what happened, but he has a spot on his back leg that looks like it needed stitches at some point.  By the time I noticed it, it was "healing".  Not oozing or bleeding, but a nice chunk was missing.  I cleaned it out and watched it for a few days. It wasn't getting any better....probably because he was licking it so much....so I decided to take him to the doctor in case he needed the cone of shame or something.  I tell ya, if it's not one child, it's the other!



{TWO}  Speaking of the other child, Hadley developed a rash and a fever!  It was such a strange rash, though!  She started sprouting these little red bumps all over her butt and no where else.  They aren't on the front of her bottom or even in the creases.  And she had a low-grade fever, but has been acting completely normal.  I'm telling you I'm stumped.  I won't post a picture of her bumpy butt because A) It's not gross or anything, but I don't want people to feel uncomfortable looking at my baby's bottom, even though it is pretty darn cute and B) I don't want her to hunt me down when she's fifteen with a picture of her baby butt that some friend found on the internet and be completely mortified that "I ever thought it would be a good idea to post her pimply butt for all the world to see."  So there's that.

{THREE} I've decided to teach Hadley some baby sign language!  I'm so, so, so excited about this!  There is no harm in teaching babies sign language (i.e.. it doesn't delay their verbal language) and some parents swear that their babies have communicated earlier with sign language.  Some also say it has helped avoid potential meltdowns in the toddler years because they are able to express themselves better.  Right now, mommy and daddy look a little silly signing, but Hadley seems to enjoy it and smiles at us!  We are starting with a few words: mommy, daddy, change (when we change her diaper), play, dog, cat, please, thank you, more, and milk.  We'll see how this goes.  Any other mom's out there try baby sign language?  What do I need to know??


via

{FOUR} We met my mom at the outlet mall this past weekend to pick up Marley and we did a little shopping.  Well, I did some shopping with my birthday money/gift cards.  My hips don't lie and they aren't fitting into my shorts anymore so I needed some new ones since spring has sprung.  But if you buy a new pair of shorts, you're going to need a new shirt to go with it.  I ended up buying $480 worth of clothes for--wait for it-- $85 after gift cards and my birthday gift from my mom!  And I actually got $100 from David's family for my birthday so technically that $85 fell into that $100.  So really, I personally didn't pay for any of it.  That's my kind of shopping spree!  Now if only the weather will cooperate...



{FIVE}  And just because Marley doesn't get much love on the blog anymore (twice in one post...wow, I'm making up for lost time!), I'm pretty sure he can't wait for the weather to warm up so he can play in his kiddie pool!  Although, he may have to share this year. :)



Happy Friday!




7 comments :

  1. Happy Friday, Erin! Marley is SO CUTE!! Hope he's healing now. Poor Hadley :( My youngest came down with a fever last night too. When I'm caring for my own sick sweetie today, I'll be sure to remember your girl and pray for her too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!! Marley!! Look at those ears!! Love it! Does Hadley like him?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby sign language is such a great idea!! I'm going to do it too when I have a baby. My little cousin knows it and it has worked wonders with her communication, unfortunately she is 6 now and is still mute(genetic disorder) but because they taught her sign language since she was a baby she can communicate amazingly! Not to mention it may totally come in handy for when you need Hadley to be quiet somewhere and she can just sign what she needs. I'm jealous of your shopping spree, it looks like you got some great finds! And how awesome you didn't technically spend a penny, that is the best!! I love when that happens! As far as Hadley's little butt goes she might have ' hand foot mouth disease' the little ones I watch got it and the baby got most of his little red pimple looking spots on his butt as well. If that's it it just has to run it's course. Hope you have a great weekend!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. New followers thanks to five on friday. We did baby sign language with my now 2.5 year old and I love it. He was a late talker but knowing sign language definitely helped him with communicating. If you haven't seen it yet, try the App Baby Sign and Learn. It's kid ( and parent) friendly and I think it helped us a lot. Have a great weekend.
    Shannon
    http://crazyb8utifullife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Marley & Hadley! :( Another friend of mine is dealing with a mystery rash on her baby too. Weird! Oh what a GREAT shopping spree! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babies had a tough week! I have a feeling Marley won't mind sharing the pool with little sis this summer. :) My big dog and my littlest niece love hanging out in the kiddie pool together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, #2...too funny. Not the bumps, just what H will think down the road =)

    We sign with Aria! It is great. We started signing pretty early on, but it was months of us looking silly before she started signing back. She signs back 'more' constantly for just about everything that isn't a sign she knows. She hasn't started using any words yet but she can communicate with us all sorts of basic needs, it is awesome! Keep it up. I don't have any secret tips or anything, just keep signing and signing.

    Loving all the colour in your shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete