Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hadley's Favorite Toys- 4 Months

I realize my blog posts pretty much deal with all things Hadley, but she is what my world revolves around now!

As a new mom, I didn't know what I would need once Hadley arrived, so naturally, I got everything! ;)  I'm hoping to do this a few times through the year as she changes and her toy preference changes!

Right now, these are all a huge hit with Hadley!Hadley's Favorite Toys- 4 Months
1.Wubbanub Infant Pacifier  2.Baby Einstein's Explore and Discover Soft Blocks 3.Kids ii Oball Rattle 4.Baby Einstein's Take-Along Tunes 5.Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Fun With Friends Musical Table 6.Vulli Sophie the Giraffe

1. This girl loves her pacis.  We have 3, count 'em, 3 wubbanubs.  And we use all of them.  We keep one downstairs and 2 upstairs.  When Hadley was little, they were great for propping in her mouth so it wouldn't fall out.  Now, when Hadley gets tired, she rubs her face, which is cute, except she ends up pulling out her paci and freaking out when she can't find it and put it back in place.  We've started giving her one to suck on and we let her hold the other one in her hands.  It (hopefully) keeps her from rubbing her face and I don't have to worry about her suffocating on something bigger!  Easy to clean- I toss these in a laundry mesh bag and wash them with Hadley's clothes.  I let them air dry and then they are ready to go!

2. Now that Hadley is more active, she LOVES playing with these soft blocks.  She loves to have them stacked so she can knock them down.  It's a pretty hysterical game to her, really.  They are big enough that she can grab them, hold onto them, etc.  And they are super soft, so when they fall, they don't hurt!  We spend lots of time playing with these.

3. The O-ball was the toy Hadley first grabbed by herself.  It's an easy toy for her to grasp and shake.  Her little fingers fit perfectly in the holes and she loves to shake it.  Also super easy to clean.  I've heard you can put it in the dishwasher.  I haven't done that.  But I did wash it with soap and water in the sink and sterilized it in a sterilization bag in the microwave and that worked great.  The only downside- now that Hadley is putting everything in her mouth, she thinks the ball should also fit.  Which of course it does not.  And that makes her mad. :)

4.  Hadley loves music, so she loves this little toy that plays music.  It plays 7 different classical songs and the center button is very sensitive so it's easy for Hadley to push it and change songs.  It has a few little lights on the front for her to watch.  We really liked this toy during tummy time when she wasn't such a big fan because it kept her entertained for a while.  Some toys play the same songs over and over again and I just have enough and can't listen to it anymore.  Surprisingly, I don't feel that way about this toy.

5. We actually got this table from my mom's friend for pretty cheap.  If Hadley didn't like it, no big deal.  Well...she LOVES it.  She has so much fun standing at the table and smashing the buttons.  She also loves opening and closing the laptop.  It as quite a few songs, teaches spanish, numbers, etc.  Obviously at this point, she doesn't focus on much of the learning aspects of the table, but it is great at helping with her gross motor skills.  Knowing what I do now, I would definitely spend the money on this toy.

6. Ahh, Sophie.  I've heard babies either love Sophie or hate her.  Hadley is definitely in the former group.  It is so easy for her to grab Sophie by the neck or legs and shove whatever body part in her mouth.  She's not teething yet, although she's practicing by putting everything in her mouth.  I don't worry about her putting Sophie in her mouth because she's BPA and phthalate free.  The rubber is all natural, as is the paint.  We haven't had any issue with paint coming off.  So far, Hadley doesn't like teething rings, but loves chewing on Sophie.  I think it's because Sophie is a little softer and it feels better on her gums.

I sure do love watching my girl play and learn.  It's so much fun to see how she figures things out!  What toys do your kids love?  Any I need to add to our repertoire?

No comments :

Post a Comment