Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

I had a blog post idea for today about the books I've read in July and then got to thinking that a) I just wrote a blog post on some of my favorite books and b) I only finished two and that might not make for such an interesting post.  So, I decided to tag along with The Larson Lingo, Pinterest Told me To, and Mix + Match Family for What's Up Wednesday!




What We're Eating This Week:
We've got some yummy spaghetti on the menu, my Aunt Diane's special recipe for sauce and some of this delicious right here!  It's a recipe that's been in our family forever, my grandmother's friend originally introduced it to her and we've been eating it up ever since!



What I'm Reminiscing About:
Maybe it's because I'm getting ready to have another little one around, but can you believe my sweet girl was ever this small?  It makes my heart sad and happy at the same time. You mommas out there know exactly what I mean!



What I'm Loving:
I know I mentioned this in last week's Friday Five post, but I'm still loving the sinful colors nail polish!  We are still going strong a week later with just a few chips at the base of my nails!  With all of the dishes, bathing, and cleaning up I do, I'm thrilled with how well this polish is holding up.



What We've Been Up To:
Working on accomplishing our summer bucket list!  This past week, we painted flower pots and planted some seeds--we're keeping our fingers crossed something actually grows!



 We also made pizza for dinner.  And by made, I mean Hadley "taste-tested" all of our ingredients while I put the pizza together!


What I'm Dreading:
More 90+ degree days.  Y'all, I know for a fact it wasn't this hot during my last summer pregnancy and I'm so over the heat and humidity.  I'm all for summer fun, but when you can't even walk outside for 5 minutes without melting a little, it's time to pack it up and move on to fall!

What I'm Working On:
My mile-long to-do lists (that's right, I said lists!) before Griffin gets here in October!  No lie, every family member has a list and I'm trying to do my best to get things checked off in a timely manner.  Unfortunately, lists seem to grow longer faster than I can get things done!

What I'm Excited About:
It's consignment sale time!  Some of my favorite winter outfits last year for Hadley came from a consignment sale and it's back next week!  I'm hoping to find some similar looking outfits for Hadley and Griffin.


What I'm Watching/Reading:
Let's be really honest right now: if the tv is on, it's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Or Sophia the First.  Or Doc McStuffins.  I get quite the education out of it.  Sometimes I even find myself with it on when Hadley's napping.  As far as reading goes, I'm finishing up the last book in the Outlander series I mentioned Monday, "Written in My Own Heart's Blood" by Diana Gabaldon.


And working my way through "Strong Mothers, Strong Sons" by Meg Meeker.  I have no idea what to do with a boy (!!!) so I'm reading books on boys right now, ha!



What I'm Listening To:
Currently, the white noise machine over the monitor.  It's nap time at the Bell house!  Also, thunder. To cool it off for point 5 seconds and heat right back up.

What I'm Wearing:
So, we aren't hanging out on a boat, but this is the exact outfit I'm wearing right now.  Minus the sunglasses.


What I'm Doing This Weekend:
We are headed to Charlotte for my cousin Amy's birthday dinner!  I love when all of my people are together, so it's going to be fun for sure!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month:
My glucose test!! (Said no one ever!)  Jokes aside, dare I say cooler temperatures?  I'm thinking that's not going to happen quite yet, so technically this weekend is a part of next month and we'll also be traveling back to Charlotte for my mom's birthday later in the month as well.  So, we are gearing up for lots of family time!

What Else is New:
We are trucking along on Griffin's nursery.  David got it painted, so now we are just waiting on the furniture to arrive!

Bonus Question: What Will You Miss Most about Summer:
The temperature for sure!

Hahaha.

Actually, I'm going to miss spending all day e'rday with my sidekick.  She's such a social butterfly that I enrolled her in preschool 2 mornings a week starting in September. (Cue the uncontrollable sobbing from this hormonal pregnant mom...) I have gone back and forth about sending her, but I really think it's going to be good for her.  She will get to interact with kids her age without me present, I'll be able to get some cleaning done, and once Griffin is here, spend some one-on-one time with him like I did with Hadley.  I know, I know, it's going to be harder on me than her, but can't she just stay little forever??!

4 comments :

  1. Stopping by from the what's up Wednesday linkup! I love sinful colors nailpolish, and I love that color you have on =) The chicken and yellow rice meal looks delish!
    Happy Wednesday!

    Johannah =)
    http://johannahsirois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nail polish! Hope you all have a great weekend :)
    Kelsey
    http://www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% with you on being so happysad about little ones growing up. My little guy turns one next week and I am heart broken and elated all at once. Looking at the newborn pictures on emotional days usually isn't the best idea ;-)
    and congrats on adding a little boy to your family! how lucky to have one of each!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sinful colors nail polish too! Such a great deal!
    I'll have to check out the book on mothers of sons. I have two little boys and it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete