You are 5 months old today! Your little personality is just shining these days. You are such a happy baby! You smile constantly. One of my favorite parts of the day is when I come in to your room to wake you up. Your head pops up at the sound of my voice and when you see me, you get these super squinty eyes and smile the biggest smile. Here's what has been going on with you the last month:
- You are 24 3/4 inches long and weigh 14 lbs. 3 oz. (by our home scale!)
- We are working on learning baby sign language. I think you like it!
- You have started laughing a little more! I'll do anything to hear that laugh....including rolling around on the floor!
- You are still nursing every 3-4 hours during the day. Night's are every 4-5 hours.
- You still get one bottle a day. We moved it to dinner time instead of the middle of the night. You are still taking about 4 1/2 ounces. The most you've taken in one sitting is 6 ounces.
- You are wearing size 2 diapers.
- You still wear 3-6 month clothes. Very few 3 month outfits and a couple 6 month outfits.
- No teeth yet, but you chew on everything and drool constantly.
- We have weaned you off your zantac! Yay!
- You now sleep in your own room. That was a hard transition for mommy, but it was time!
- You are so observant! You want to see and be a part of everything.
- We are trying to get you on a nap/sleep schedule. Right now you only nap for about 45minutes at a time and that leads for one over-stimulated, tired baby!
- You are trying to crawl! You will lay on your tummy and just kick your feet. You look like a little dolphin, haha!
- You are starting to sit up with help. I'll sit you on your bottom and you have pretty good balance!
- You have been to church for the first time! We are trying out churches and it was a small church so you were the only baby in the nursery. But they took you to play with some of the toddlers and you did wonderful! We are so proud!
- talking in your bed in the mornings before I come get you up. I don't know who you're talking to, but it is the cutest thing!
- You still love to watch Marley! And Macy when she's around. Macy will let you pull all over her, so you love that!
- chewing on everything! You name it, you've chewed on it.
- you finally like tummy time! Although it's by your choice now! You can see the world better on your tummy.
- You still love tv: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sophia the First...but because of that, mommy has started limiting your tv time. Saturday mornings is it, haha!
- Strangers! Only Mommy and Daddy will do right now.
- Being bored. I know no one likes this, but your mind is constantly moving these days and you just like to go, go go. If Mommy needs a minute to sit, you don't like it!
- Being stationary. You are so close to being mobile and it bothers you so much when you want something and can't get to it!
- Sitting in your high chair at dinner time. Someone has to hold you facing the table. I think we are getting close to starting solids!
You amaze me everyday, Hadley. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital having you, and now you are trying to crawl, babbling all the time, and have the cutest personality! How is it possible time has flown so fast? I love you, my sweet girl, and can't wait to see what you accomplish in this next month of life!