Friday, January 17, 2014

5 on Friday-Weekly Review



Finally, it's Friday!  I know for you folks that work everyday, this is a long-awaited day each week for you.  As for me, it's the long-awaited day that daddy is home for a few days and I can actually get some work done around the house! (Don't get me wrong, I love playing on the floor all day with this girl! Although it looks like we are going to have to have a serious conversation about flashing your undies in pictures...)


Without further ado, here is my 5 on Friday!

ONE:
I've already posted about it this week (here and here), but I went back to work!  I missed my girl immensely, but it was good to see my work buddies again.  I was wiped the day after I worked.  I tried to sleep when Hadley slept, but you know...housework doesn't do itself!  I slept good Wednesday night!


TWO:
Literally everyone we know offered to make/bring us dinner when we had Hadley.  It was fantastic.  We really had our fill of lasagna... ;)  Our wonderful neighbors gave us a gift and in the card they wrote their number down and said, "call us when you want us to bring you dinner!"  Well, we cashed that dinner in this week!  I figured I would be tired after working and having to stay up with Hadley, so dinner was served Wednesday night.   And better?  We got to choose!  (From a list...)  We chose chicken florentine, brown rice, and salad.  Yum.  Let me say it again.  Yum.  This may be my go-to for taking dinners to people now.  We got an added bonus of lemon pound cake for dessert. (I forgot to take a picture, so ours looked a little different than this one.)


THREE:
While we are on the topic of food, I made my Aunt Diane's yummy chicken salad recipe to snack on for lunch this week.  This is the best chicken salad I've ever had (and I'm pretty picky about chicken salads...).  It's so good that I have to space out when I plan to make it because I would make it and eat it every week if I could.  I eat it straight out of the bowl.


FOUR:
We had been looking for a kitchen table and a few weeks ago David found one on Craigslist.  David will send me e-mail after e-mail full of things from Craigslist and I usually nix them all.  I have very specific things I like so most of them fall into the "ugly" pile.  But this table is just what I had in mind.  It was a good price so we snatched it up.  When he got the table home and brought it in, it looked perfect in the spot we wanted it for.  Except for one thing.  The chair cushions were bright pink velvet.  Bright pink velvet, people!  I don't know it what universe the previous owners thought that was a good choice, but we had to remedy that.  We recovered the chairs this week and they look beautiful.  I'm super happy with how they turned out!


FIVE:
My grandparents are coming today!  Hadley's great-grandparents are coming today!  These two just can't get enough time with their first (only for now) great-grandchild.  They haven't seen her since Christmas (a whole 3 weeks, gasp!) and she's changed so much since then so I know they are eager to see her.  She interacts a whole lot more now, so it should be a fun visit! :)




9 comments :

  1. Those chairs are beautiful!! Great job! You have such sweet neighbors! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps - what a cutie you have on your hands! She's precious! And congrats on going back to work... I just did the same (part-time.... 2 or 3 days a week) and it takes some getting used to, but given that it's just part-time, I feel like it's the best of both worlds). All this to say, it gets easier and you find a good routine!! Happy weekend ahead to your sweet little fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadley is such a little cutie, my kiddos are 10 and 6 and I still miss them when I'm at work and they're at school xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little lady is too cute and I love the fabric you picked to recover the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin!! You should post that chicken salad recipe... my husband is a chicken salad freak (I swear, he could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!).

    So glad your back to work went well!!

    Have a happy weekend with your sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric that you covered the chairs with is perfect! Way better than pink velvet (???)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little one is so stinkin presh! That first picture is hilarious. And how awesome that you were so well served by friends with meals! What a blessing!!!

    Happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there anything sweeter than (great) grandparents with babies?!!

    ReplyDelete