Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Survival


Well, friends, I made it!  I know you were all waiting with bated breath to hear if I survived my first night back at work...ha!  (Please just appease me!)

I took some of these bad boys in as a peace offering for being out the last 2 1/2 months.  One thing to know about nurses--they loves treats.  Never forget that.


I held my girl for about 2 hours before I had to leave.  She slept the whole time, which was fine by me!  I was hoping I'd be able to get out the door before she woke up.  For some reason I thought it would be easier if she didn't see me leave.  I didn't want her to have thoughts like "where is my mommy going? Is she ever coming back?  Has she left me forever?"  Because I'm fully aware that 3 month olds have the capacity to think like that.

But as luck would have it, the minute I was walking out the door, the little booger woke up.  I hugged her and kissed her, walked out the door...walked back in the door, hugged her and kissed her again...walked out the door...and came back for another round.  She looked at me like I was crazy.


It was nice to see my friends and even nicer to only work 8 hours instead of 12!  Since I work in the NICU, we have pumps galore.  Every few hours I'd sit myself in the lactation room, watch a little tv, and pump away.  I did, however, spill my milk all over myself which was great and I had a super fun stain on my pants the rest of the night.  That's probably too much information for y'all but I'm a sleep-deprived momma over here and under sharing information is out the window at this point.


She was fast asleep when I got home this morning, so I got about 2 hours of sleep before this sweetie woke up.  This was her face when she saw me!  I die over how cute her little "I just woke up" face is, and I think she was happy to see me!

Anyway, my friend Holly and I were talking (read: dying) over the latest episode of Downton Abbey and someone chimed in about watching the whole season now online.  I'm not sure I want to do that,  I think I have a sick fascination with dragging out the drama Downton always seems to bring to the table.  I pretty much have to pick my jaw up off the floor after each episode.  But back to the point, in case there are any of you out there who can't stand to wait to find out what happens, here is a website that has all of season 4 posted and you can watch. RIGHT. NOW.

http://www.agoldenafternoon.com/favorites/downton-abbey-season-4/

I think she may have season 3 on there as well.  Happy Wednesday!


No comments :

Post a Comment