Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weekend Fun!

David, Hadley, and I filled our weekend with a lot of friend time!  It was much needed for both of us! ;)  Hadley even got to spend time with her "friends".

Friday: I wrote in this post about a little get-together we were going to Friday night to watch the Clemson game.  It was so much fun.  We stayed for the whole game and didn't get home until 1:00 am.  
*I tried to get a picture with my girl, but she couldn't pull her eyes away from the game.  A true Clemson fan in the making! :)

I work with all of these girls and I absolutely love every single one of them.  (Even though they have been talking bad about me at work since I'm coming back PRN...yes, girls, I know! Ha!)  I've missed them!

We got to catch up on gossip, the boys got to talk about whatever it is boys talk about, and of course we cheered our tigers to a V.I.C.T.O.R.Y!!!  They played Ohio State and it was a good match up.

It is still so surreal to me that our get-togethers now include children.  I wouldn't change it, but I still can't believe it.  I guess I'll still be saying "I can't believe I'm a mother" when my kids are having kids, at least that's what my mom tells me...haha!

*I had to post this one even though it's similar to the one above because Hadley is half-smiling in it!  God love her, she's precious.

Saturday: Since we got home so late (or early??) from the Clemson party, we hung out in our pajamas most of the day Saturday, but went to dinner with my friend Jess and her husband Jake!  We always get together to exchange christmas gifts.  Jess and I were roommates in college and even though we live in different places now, we pick up right where we left off!

I had such a good time, I didn't take any pictures.  Major fail.  We went to a place called Takosushi.  There is one in Greenville, SC and one is Augusta, GA. (Maybe one in Columbia, SC?  I'm not sure about that one.)  All I can say is if you ever have the opportunity to go, you should.  Delicious, great service and we always have a great time there!  Hadley tagged along and was such a good girl.  She slept in her carseat the entire time.  Ahhh, the joys of adult conversation!

Sunday: David and I are blessed with lots of different groups of friends.  A few of David's work buddies and their wives have become some of our best friends here and the Carter's invited all of us over Sunday afternoon for snacks and just to hang out a bit.  All of the couples have kids, 5 in total--and get this--they are all girls!  Hadley is the youngest of them all and I know the older girls are going to really show her the ropes as she grows! ;)  I foresee a lot of sleepovers in our future!

Our conversations here were a little different.  The mom's all talked about day care, school districts, and teething.  The dad's talked about taxes.  Wow...we sure are a wild group!

I swore I would never buy a bumbo seat.  After all, since children have been around, they've always figured out how to sit up by themselves, why do I need a toy to do that? You know, one of those things you say before you're a mom...  Well, this girl loves to be up and about.  She can't sit by herself yet and if I want to get anything done around the house I just have to tote her around or let her lay there and cry.  Our sweet friends had a bumbo seat they weren't using and offered to let us borrow it!  As you can see, Hadley digs it.  It's a win-win.  Hadley has a seat, and I kept to my word and didn't buy one. ;)
*Can we just take a minute to talk about Marley in this picture?  He looks so put out, it's so sad...and funny.  My pictures used to be all about him and now they aren't.  I think he's a little mad about it!  Poor boy...

This is my last week before I return to work.  I'm trying to really enjoy it!




No comments :

Post a Comment