Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Fun!

Our new meal of the week didn't actually happen over the weekend, but I'm adding it to this post because I don't want to write two posts!  On Thursday, our new meal of the week was lime-infused, honey-crusted chicken.


I got the recipe off of Pinterest.  I'm kind of wary about making recipes off Pinterest because I've heard of a few that have been busts!  But this one just seemed so good that David and I decided to go ahead and try it.  The directions say to mix up the marinade the night before and let the chicken soak over night.  Our chicken wasn't thawed so it really sat for about 4 hours before we cooked it and I don't think it affected the taste at all.  It was so good and easy to make!  We had ours with some french green beans on the side. :) 



On Friday, I picked David up at work and we headed home to Charlotte for Scott's birthday!  Our family has always done birthdays and this one was no different.  Scott requested seafood pasta and homemade ice cream! 


I am so glad we were able to go home for a night. I have to work over Thanksgiving so I won't be able to go home for this holiday.  I was getting quite bummed about it not getting to see my family, but now I have!


I had to work Saturday night so we headed home Saturday morning so I could get a few hours of sleep before I went in.  When I got home Sunday morning I slept until noon and then David and I headed out for a little Christmas shopping! :)  We have been wanting a new bedroom suite for a while because we have been sleeping in David's childhood bed and it's just not cutting it anymore!  We were ready for something new and we found it yesterday!  So, our Christmas gift to each other is this new bedroom suite from Ashley furniture:



We love the design.  We've been looking for a while and comparing and just kept coming back to this so we bit the bullet and will have a new bed come January. :)  We are going to use the month or so between getting our bed to paint our room, find a nice duvet, pillows, sheets, etc.  and get everything ready so once the set is here, we can just start using it!  We are so excited!  (We don't have the bench, but I really like that idea so we might look into finding one.  And our bedside tables are slightly different than the ones in this picture...we like ours better!)

I am back to work tonight so I'm getting some things done this morning (like blogging...it's the important things, right?!) and then I'll get a nap in this afternoon.  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday week!

No comments :

Post a Comment