Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wedding Day!

Saturday, September 24, 2011 I woke up early for my bridesmaid's brunch and it was pouring down rain!  I was so excited though, it didn't phase me a bit.  And I'm glad for that! (It's good luck if it rains on your wedding day, right?  Let's just say I'm going to be REALLY lucky, ha!) 


*My wonderful bridesmaids :) 
  
The brunch was held at a place called Providence Cafe and the set-up was so pretty.  They had their own centerpieces for us and they were just beautiful.  We even got to keep them!  All of my bridesmaids were there as well as my helpers, Anna and Faith, their mom Wanda, my mom and soon-to-be mother-in-law, grand mom, and aunt.  We had a wonderful time chatting and I had a special gift for each of the girls.  I presented them each with a pair of teardrop shaped earrings that had a purple stone hanging in the teardrop. 



                                              * I love this girl more than life itself.


 I think they all wore them that night!  I also had written notes to my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and my mom so I gave out those as well.  I really wanted them to know I couldn't have reached this point in my life without their love and support throughout the years.  I also gave my mom a very special gift that she had been wanting for a while...and I wanted her to have something to keep her busy while I was gone!  So,she finally got the Nook she had been wanting!  I think saying she was pleased is an understatement ;)





Once brunch was finished, we picked up my wedding dress from my grandparents house, went home to grab a few things and then headed to Ballantyne to start getting ready!  I told the girls to be there around 3 so at first it was just me, my mom, my aunt, and Amy.  I really enjoyed getting to spend some time just with them :). Amanda showed up soon after and got to work on my hair and make-up and the other girls started arriving.  We played the cd's that David and my mom had made for me while we got ready...even Anna and Faith got to join the fun!  



*Getting my wedding present from David...a Nikon camera!  


We had our wedding video-taped so the videographer was around and our photographers Rick and Brian were floating back and forth between me and David getting ready.  Rick and Brian also got a shot of me and David holding hands with a door between us before the ceremony.  My bridesmaids were all watching this take place and Amy started crying when David walked up...so neither of us could look at her because she was making us cry!  


I really didn't start getting nervous until about an hour before I was supposed to walk down the aisle and the nerves ReALLY hit then.  The girls and I walked down and had to wait near the bar area so the boys wouldn't see us and wouldn't you know the bar had the Clemson game was on!  In order to get past my nerves I told myself I would walk down the aisle after Clemson got a touchdown...and they did!  I'm pretty sure I started cheering and everyone at the bar started clapping for me, haha!  My granddaddy came to get me and we started walking towards the entrance. 

*Oh my word, he his such a handsome granddad!

 I don't remember much of anything except telling myself to remember to breathe.  They opened the doors and everyone stood and looked at me and I tried really hard to hold it together.  Halfway down the aisle I took a deep breathe and I'm sure it looked ridiculous...haha, but I kept my eyes on David the whole time :). 



We ended up having about 180 people there so the aisle felt like it went on forever.  I couldn't see David's face when I first stepped in the room, but rumor has it he started tearing up...we'll see when we get the pictures back:)

*Cheering on my tigers ;)

The rest of the ceremony went by in a blur.  Dr. Mowrey spoke some beautiful words and we each got through our vows without stumbling or saying the wrong name (any Friends fans out there?!).  My cousins Scott and Amy read the passage for us and it was just awesome for me to have my family involved.  They did perfect!

      

The reception was amazing!  It was so beautiful, the cake was incredible, and our dj (Joe Larson, Diamond DJ's) was absolutely fantastic. 


 I think everyone had a wonderful time.  My mom and grandparents have heard from multiple people that it was one of the best weddings they have been to and that just makes me feel so good because even though this was "our day" we really wanted everyone to have great time and enjoy themselves.  


Everyone who was there has impacted our lives in some way and we wanted to thank them with a wonderful evening.

*I'm pretty sure I have THE cutest grandparents in the world!


As everyone says, the entire weekend of events went by far too fast.  It was a blur and I wanted to write down what I do remember from our day..although I can't wait to see from the video and pictures the things I don't remember! I spent the whole next day crying from exhaustion and the fact that it was all over! (I know...big baby!). But we had a wonderful honeymoon and that story is to be continued!


3 comments :

  1. Y'alls wedding was AMAZING & so beautiful!! Honored to be a part of it :) Love that picture of you and your granddad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! You looked so beautiful and it was a wonderful wedding! I am so happy for y'all and hope you are enjoying married life so far. And don't worry, I'm pretty sure everyone I know said they cried the day after their wedding! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, you were such a beautiful bride!! I am so happy your wedding was such a special and wonderful day. Everything turned out so lovely.

    ReplyDelete