Friday, November 4, 2011

Meal of the Week

Things are finally starting to slow down around here (a little!).  David and I are starting to get into a groove and I'm really enjoying that.  For the last 3 months we have been going non-stop with all sorts of wedding things so even when I had days off work, I was busy.  I'm still busy on my days off, but the weekends are a lot more relaxing! :)

David and I have started making a list of what we want for dinner each week so we aren't grabbing for ideas during the week.  We can get all of our grocery shopping done at one time, not spend a lot of extra money during the week, and make sure we have good meals.

We have also decided to make one new meal a week!  We have a few meals we love and make quite often, but I don't want to just make those every week.  I get the Cooking Light magazine and between that and Pinterest, we have found quite a few recipes we want to try.  Last nights meal was our new meal of the week.  We made: Spicy Filet Mignon with Sweet Onions





We had a side of cherry salad, which is a recipe from my grandmom :)  It was so delicious!  David likes steaks anyway and the homemade rub for the steaks was absolutely fantastic.  We will definitely be keeping this recipe!

Tonight is stay-at-home date night with my husband.  Homemade chili, a movie, and some time with my little family.  Yep, life has calmed down...I love it. :)

1 comment :

  1. Isn't it great to finally just be married!?! No more planning and you just get to live your life together :) Sounds like a fun date night at home!

    ReplyDelete