Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meal of the Week: Enchiladas

Last week was crazy so I'm doing last week's meal update this week!  Last week, we had mexican for our new meal.  I made Pioneer Woman's Enchilada's with a few of my own changes.

I knew it would be time consuming so I went ahead and got the majority of my things gathered before I started.  PW's recipe calls for meat and I'm not a huge beef enchilada fan, although I'm positive they would have been delicious.  I boiled some chicken and shredded it into smaller pieces and sauteed some onions on the side.



The actual make time took me forever.  I thought I had done good by getting everything together early, but there was still so much to do and I made a huge mess!  I think, though, now that I know what to do and have learned a few tricks, next time would go much smoother.



Overall though, it was delicious!  I don't know how often I'll make them since they were so time consuming, but it's definitely a keeper for sure.  We added refried beans and a side of mexican rice to seal the deal :)

No comments :

Post a Comment