Shew! I had every intention of writing a post each week and then life got in the way! Which is totally fine by me. I am thoroughly enjoying watching my daughter grow and making every effort to actually be present for it! :)
So, what have we been up to?
1. I've been taking Pure Barre classes! For about 2 weeks now, I've been doing Pure Barre and I really like it! "The shake" is real, people. And I never leave the class feeling like I didn't get anything out of it. And I'm sore each time I go, which is progress in my book!
2. Hadley is still trying new foods! So far she's had: baby oatmeal, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and squash. Pears are next on our list. I was going to wait to introduce fruits after all veggies, but at her 6 month check-up, the pediatrician said she likes to alternate a veggie and a fruit and I think that sounds like a great idea!
3. Hadley may have an allergy to peas. Or she could have had a tummy bug. But it started 2 days after she started peas. The ped said he would be really surprised if she actually ends up allergic to peas, as it's not very common. We aren't completely sure, but stopped peas for now and will try again down the road.
4. We went with a few friends to Happy Cow Creamery this weekend! It's a local farm that has local (obviously.), grass-fed, organic cows. Healthy meat, healthy milk, cheese, ice cream... as well as local, organic produce! I'm trying to feed Hadley organic right now because I'm that mom, haha! :) We got to watch the cows get fed, eat some ice cream, and picked up a couple products. Our friends go every weekend for necessities and I think we may start the same. When Hadley is older, we may even do a tour of the farm! We feel so lucky to have something like this so close!
5. Hadley got to swing for the first time and she loved it! I am so blessed that she is such a happy child and I so enjoy watching her experience new things--and like them! This park is pretty close to our house, too, so I can see many late morning trips and picnics in the park in the future!
6. I'll spare you a picture, but I got bitten or stung by something over a week ago on my back. It started out as a simple itch, but quickly blew up--red, painful, and hot to the touch. I finally went to the minute clinic and they gave me an antibiotic. The redness and swelling are gone, but the itch is still there and the pain is awful!! I have no idea what to do about it. I've finished my antibiotic, but I guess I'm going to have to see someone else about it! And the fact that I don't know what it was that attacked me makes it 10x worse. You all know how much I love bugs....
My plan this week is to deep clean each room in my house. We'll see how much I actually get accomplished. :) My little sidekick takes up a lot of my time! :)
Happy Monday, friends!