Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Midweek Musings

It's Wednesday!  Halfway through the work week (for most people) and halfway until my husband is home for a few days to share in household tasks... ;)  Here's a few things on my mind today!


  • COFFEE:  I can't get through the days now without coffee.  Working nights and being up all day makes me tired.  I have no idea why! ;)
  • PET PEEVE:  I know I've mentioned before on here about Hadley's lack of sleep.  This girl doesn't like to nap and she wakes up many times throughout the night.  She was up all night the other night while David was here with her by himself. (I was working.)  He said she just wanted to play.  Poor David, haha!  I think she just has so much going on: learning how to roll over, so close to crawling, working on teeth...she doesn't want to miss anything.  But if that's the worst we have to deal with?  I'll take it.  And I know I'll miss the days she doesn't need me in the middle of the night.  But it really bugs me when people with children say things like, "she doesn't sleep through the night?  My kid has slept through the night since he was 2 weeks old!"  Really, people? Really?  
    • First of all--your baby should be eating every 2-3 hours at 2 weeks old so if he's sleeping through the night...you should re-evaluate that.
    • Second of all--if you say that your child sleeps through the night again, I'm going to sneak into your house in the middle of the night and wake your child up every hour.  Because let's face it, I'll be up!


  • COOKIES: I made some cookies this past weekend.  Specifically--lactation cookies.  They are supposed to help increase your milk supply.  I really wasn't sure how good they were going to be, but I was pleasantly surprised!  They are SO good!  They are essentially just chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, but they are so soft!  David even likes them, and he hasn't started lactating yet, so we are pretty sure they are safe for the regular population, too. :) (I think it's the flaxseed  meal and brewer's yeast that make them "lactation cookies")  
  • WEATHER: The weather has been so nice this week!  David plays rec soccer, so Hadley and I took a blanket and went to watch!  She's becoming so active and now that the weather is getting warmer, this girl loves to be outside.  I love watching her explore new things!
  • BABY HOUDINI: When I get ready for the day, I put Hadley in her bouncer so I can keep an eye on her.  Well, I did until she started escaping from her seat!  (When I shower, I do strap her in, so don't get all crazy on me.)  One day, I just looked down from putting my make-up on and she was sitting on the floor.  So of course, I captured pictures on my phone instead of saving her from falling because that's the kind of awesome mom I am, ha!

I sure hope everyone is having a happy week!











2 comments :

  1. This May or may not be encouraging, but I still get up once or twice a night many nights with Emma. It wasn't always like that, but we're in the bad dreams stage. Not full on night terrors, but enough to wake her up. So, I might be up when you're up! And I'm no doubt looking forward to a full night sleep someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your husband ate the lactation cookies- ha! My mom is a lactation consultant, so she's shared all kinds of funny nursing stories over the years. Love the pics of Hadley- she's adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete