It's your half-birthday! How in the world are you already 6 months old? It's so surreal to me that 6 months have passed since you were born. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.
You are learning so much these days! I can see the wheels constantly turning in your head and your eyes just light up when you figure something out. You are in to everything and that's just the way I like it! You can't crawl yet. You either roll over and over to your destination or you scoot your face across the ground. Both ways are hilarious! :) I'm sure you will be on the move any day now!
- You weigh 14 pounds, 14 ounces and are 25 1/2 inches long!
- You still wear a size 2 diaper.
- You are wearing a mixture of 3-6 month and 6 month outfits.
- We are still trying to teach you sign language! I'm hoping at some point it will start to click.
- You nurse about every 4 hours during the day and once around 5 in the morning.
- You are going to bed about 7:30, waking up about 8:15 for a feed, and typically are down until 5 am. You eat and go back to bed until 7 or 8!
- You still get one bottle a day. We are up to 6 ounces! Yay!
- You started solid foods!! You were eye-balling our dinner, starting to wake up at night, and just seemed ready. You've had baby oatmeal, sweet potatoes, avocado, and carrots.
- Still no teeth! Drooling like crazy, but your gums are still just pink as can be!
- You sit up like a champ! Rarely falling over these days.
- You have started to make "word" sounds. Your very first--"mama mama" :) I don't count it as your first word, but that is a beautiful sound to my ears.
- Stacking cups! You love to knock them down.
- Anything you can chew on! Books, teether toys, cellphones...
- Your activity table!
- playing with tissue paper, you love the crinkle!
- Spending time with mommy and daddy. You do not like to be alone!
- Sweet potatoes, baby oatmeal, and carrots!
- Sitting in your high chair. I'm not sure why this is such a struggle.
- Solid food. You started off loving it, but have recently starting crying through it.
- Avocados! You gagged through your avocado meal. Haha!
- Having your diaper changed! You don't like to be still for that long, ha!
Thank you so much, my sweet girl, for making me a mommy six months ago. These have been the hardest, most blessed six months of my life. I love watching your little personality blossom and know you are headed for wonderful things. I love you, love you, love you, Hadley!