Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kitchen Update

When we moved into our home, it was very plain.  Light cream paint on every. single. wall. Upstairs and downstairs.  I literally felt like I lived in a box!  We've lived here for a few years and have put some "homey" touches but we still have a lot of work to do! :)  We have decided to do one room at a time and I think I'm enjoying that.


Our most recent room was the kitchen!  I love to cook and I love how big our kitchen is!  But oh my gosh, it was so ugly and plain.  

Here are the before pictures:





In order to make our kitchen "ours", we did quite a few things!

painted the kitchen

put up a backsplash-- David did the majority of this project!  He had to cut every single piece with a wet saw and put it up all by himself!  When he added grout, I went behind him and wiped before the grout dried on the actual pieces.  That was hard work, y'all!  But so worth it.



Curtains over the sink (still needs some for the doors...)- These were towels I fell in love with at Anthropologie and given to me as a gift from my mom!  They say, "Fell in Love", "Got Married", and "Lived Happily Ever After."  So stinkin' cute!




Blinds on the windows

New light fixture    





Artwork on the walls (a wedding gift, a glass clemson pendant, and a craft project chalkboard)





New faucet for the sink



There are other things we want to do in the future like granite counter tops, new hard wood floors, new doorknobs, and a new kitchen table, but right now they aren't necessary (or in the budget, ha!)  But we are in love with how everything turned out!  It's so much more inviting now!


After pictures:


What do you think?! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment