Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Mom!

My mom's birthday was this past Friday and because I'm now an adult and life seems to speed up instead of slow down, I haven't had a chance to actually write her "birthday post."  But in true Roberts fashion, I'm sure she won't mind extending her birthday a little bit longer! ;)

Happy Birthday to the woman who brought me into this world,




Who rocked me to sleep at night,




 Endured hours and days and months and years of attitude and stubborn behavior (and much, much more!)




Has taught me, and continues to teach me, the valuable life lessons I hold dear each day,



The person who stayed up late and took care of me when I was sick,




Who I watched countless movies with on the couch in our pj's,




Who did absolutely everything in her power to make sure I never wanted for anything,




An amazing daughter, sister, and grandmommy to her furbabies,








Who I am like in more ways than one and my biggest cheerleader,




Who gets me and loves me just the way I am,




And my best friend.



 Mom,  Happy belated birthday!  I love you so much and am glad I was able to celebrate with you this weekend. (Post to come!)  I am so glad I never had to share you with any other siblings because I like having you all to myself :)  You are the best mom God could have ever given me and I think He knew just what He was doing then.  You are a remarkable woman and have taught me so many things.  I looked up to you when I was 5 and I still look up to you now that I'm 25.  Thank you for being the wonderful example you have been through the years and I can't wait for many more years to come!  

1 comment :

  1. Yes, she is wonderful! So glad you all had a chance to celebrate this past week-end! Happy Birthday again Deb!

    ReplyDelete