Friday, February 20, 2015

Stitch Fix

Well, I caved.  I've been hearing a lot about stitch fix all over the place recently and when it popped up on my Facebook ads recently, I reluctantly went to the site to check it out.  Once there, I knew I was going to sign up.  Since I'll no longer be wearing scrubs to work, I'm in need of some new pieces to spice up my wardrobe.  I want good, quality pieces that will last, will mix and match with things I already have, and maybe some statement pieces, too.  I am also terrible at fashion!  I like to call my style the "mom" style.  Jeans, sperrys, cardigans...I'm pretty sure I scream "mom" everywhere I go.  The sad part is, I dressed like this long before I even had kids, haha!  I'm not frumpy or anything like that, but just very "Mom-ish".  So the fact that someone styles things for me?  You had me at hello!  Pair that with the fact that I don't have to actually travel anywhere to shop, but just wait for a package to show up at my door?  Well, alright.  If I must.

I signed up for an every-other-month delivery and may even back it down to every 3 months eventually.  I'd like to get new pieces each season, but don't want to be spending a fortune each month, either.  I got my first box today and here's the breakdown:

**Sorry about the picture quality/shadows!  I took the pictures on my own and clearly didn't get the lighting right.  Although, some of it isn't the lighting, but just me! ;)**

*Not Pictured: Dante Cut Out Metal Oval Layered Necklace
     -It was cute and I wish I could show it to you, but the clasp was broken.  So I couldn't even try it on.  Boo.  Clearly I sent back.

*Lauree V-Neck Drape Dress
     -I was really hoping I would like this dress.  It was so cute in the box and I love the navy color, but when I tried it on, it just didn't flatter me!  The waistline sat a little strange on me and my shoulders look very broad.  I sent back.



*Stellan Draped Cardigan
     -I loved this cardigan!  I loved the feel of it, I loved the neutrals, and I loved it's versatility.  I so wish I could have kept it, but I have so many sweaters and cardigans in my closet right now, I couldn't justify it.  :(  So, I sent back.



*Jimmy Ankle Length Skinny Jean
     -I liked these. (Pictured above..and below!)  They fit great and would be easy to dress up or down.  Except I already have a pair of black skinny jeans.  Again, I sent back.

*Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse
     -Loved, LOVED this shirt.  Loved it.  Hubby said it "slimmed" me out.  Easy to dress up, easy to dress down.  A color I never would have considered for myself and I love the length.  KEPT!



If StitchFix is something you think you might want to try, and you're so inclined, will you click this link to my referral page on StitchFix?  Thanks!


No comments :

Post a Comment