Sunday, March 25, 2012

6 Months of Marriage!

This weekend David and I celebrated 6 months of marriage!  I can't believe 6 months have flown by like they have.  We have enjoyed every minute.  We learn more and more about each other everyday and I love that.


David had to leave Saturday for Germany for business, so we celebrated on Friday instead.  He was flying out of Charlotte, so I made some celebratory blueberry muffins, and then we packed up the car and headed to my old stomping grounds!  We arrived around 4 pm, so David, my mom, and I got some drinks and chips and salsa at Zapata's before David and I went on to dinner ourselves.  We decided to go to Maggiano's, the exact place we went for our rehearsal dinner!  Here we are before dinner:




We had so much fun at dinner.  I love coming home to this man everyday, cooking dinner together, getting ready for bed together, but I still love a good date night!  We did a little shopping (everyone needs a few new spring pieces for their wardrobe!), had some delicious pasta, and talked about the last 6 months.

Saturday came all-too quickly.  David had to be at the airport by 12:30 pm so it was a fast morning.  I did manage to get him to stop for a minute to get a picture of us on our real half-anniversary! :)




My handsome hubby arrived in Germany about 5:00 am my time and I was greatly relieved!  I am a worrier anyway, but I like it much better when his feet are firmly planted on the ground- here or Germany!

My mom and I saw The Hunger Games- loved it by the way!  I re-read the book about a week ago and I felt it was pretty similar to the story.  I do wish they had played up the "star-crossed lovers" more, though.  I headed home afterwords, all by myself.  Marley stayed with my mom for a few days so both of my boys are gone. :(

Hopefully the next few days will go by fast and I'll get one of my boys back. :)  Until then, I'm filling my time with work and house projects.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment