Friday, March 9, 2012

Halfway to Middle-Age

Well, work has kept me from my blog, yet again!  And now sickness has been set upon me!  I'm heading to the minute clinic at 2:30 to get checked out.  So while I'm curled up on the couch, I thought I'd update.

My birthday is tomorrow.  I'll be 25- or as I've been fond of saying lately, halfway to middle-age!  I can feel the wrinkles forming as we speak. :)  Okay, not really, but I like to be dramatic.  This past weekend, David and I went to Charlotte for my family birthday celebration!  I was so excited because my entire family was going to be there.  I don't think we have all been together since my wedding in September!



Everyone minus Grandmom who was taking the picture!


Friday, we pulled in to town around 5 and hung out at home for about an hour.  My mom is a teacher and she had some school volleyball game she had to support so we tagged along for a little bit of that.  Then we went to dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant- Zapatas!  There are mexican restaurants in Greenville, but none that have been as good as Zapatas.  Kinda stinks for a girl who likes mexican so much!  While we were there, I turned around and guess who I saw?  My aunt and uncle!  They were out to dinner with some of their friends.  It was a nice surprise to get to see them before the birthday celebration. :)

On Saturday, we went to the matinee showing of Jersey Boys at the Blumenthal in downtown Charlotte.  I saw Jersey Boys for the first time 2 years ago and absolutely loved it.  I was so excited because the guy who played Frankie Valli the first time was playing him again this year!  Joseph Leo Bwarie played Frankie and he did not disappoint! And he's not so bad to look at either! ;)  He apparently just came out with a cd- Nothin' But Love- and I downloaded it when I got home. :)  It's really jazzy and I like it!  You should check it out if you get the chance.

We went straight from the play to my grandparents house for birthday festivities.  (Well, my mom went to pick Marley up, couldn't have my sweet boy missing out on al the fun!)


My sweet boy!

 We had steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus, salad, and home made ice cream- all my requests, haha!  It was absolutely delicious!  Marley thought so, too.  I think he got a bite of steak from everyone at the table!  UNC was playing Duke so we had the game on for Amy and during half time I openend my presents!


Amy and Tyler


My new nursing shoes! LOOOVVVEE.

Scott wrapped my present in purple and orange! ;)  He got me 2 Caribou coffees to try!  So far, I love them!

Do you remember this post?  I said I would love to have this print framed so I can hang it in a reading nook one day.  Well, my grandmother tracked this print all the way to Latvia and had it matted and framed for me!  Isn't it gorgeous?!  I'm so excited to get my office all set up now!  I also got an outfit from J. Crew (so cute!), a new purse, and a gift card to lululemon!  I racked up! :)



Mom and me

Me and the hubby.

Me and my favorite aunt! :)

Scott and Marley :)


We had cake and homemade ice cream and just spent time together.  Scott is very talented at the piano so he played some songs for us, David showed off some of his recent drawings (yep, my husband is talented, too!), and then we watched home movies from when we were little!  I don't think we have laughed so hard in such a long time!  It was so much fun to look back on what life was like when we were little.  It was such a wonderful evening and I was so sad to leave and come back home the next day!  I couldn't imagine celebrating my birthday with my family any other way. :)

The wonderful host and hostess- my grandparents! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment