Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Day Off!

I worked 3 nights over the weekend and I worked last night, too.  I was schedule to work tonight, but a friend at work needed some extra hours so I took a PTO day and she's going to work my shift!  I have about 2 weeks of PTO so I'm totally okay with using a day!  I am so excited to have a day off! :)  I'm on call Thursday night, but as of early this morning, things were looking pretty good for me to not get called in.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

So today has been a very lazy day for me!  I came home from work and put chicken in the crockpot for dinner, had a bowl of cereal, and then slept until 1pm.  I probably could've slept longer but I always feel like I waste a day when I do that.  I got up and showered and realized about half way through that I didn't think I plugged the crockpot in this morning....

Yep.  I win the "new wife" award! :)  So I had 4 hour old chicken sitting in the crockpot not cooking.  Awesome.  Haha!  I think David is going to pick something up on his way home from work. ;)



I've been busy going through my Cooking Light magazines for recipes for this coming week and updating recipe cards.  I've also managed to watch the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that I got for Christmas!  If it's possible, I love Pride and Prejudice even more now! :)

And so does someone else:

She was cracking me up sitting right up next to the tv like that.  I tried to tell her that it would hurt her eyes, but she wouldn't listen. :)

I wanted to watch The King's Speech this afternoon, too.  I bought the blu-ray back in December and have just opened.  For some reason the movie won't play on our dvd player.  I'm not sure what the heck is going on there, but it's apparently a known issue.  I'm going to be really bummed if David can't get it to work because I've heard it's a great movie! (And David won't watch it with me....so I have to watch it when he's not home!)

Since I couldn't watch that, I just popped in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix...always a go to for me. :)  Harry Potter never gets old.  Hmm, I have 5 days off- I may just need a HP marathon ;)

I saw this on Pinterest and it cracked me up because it's so true!!  Who would've thought? :) 

 And just because he's so darn cute :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

No comments :

Post a Comment