This must be the week to be tagged in blog stuff! Michelle tagged me in "The Random Eleven" and I thought it would be fun to participate!
The Random Eleven
- Post these rules
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things about Me:
When I was a little girl, I used to use whole boxes of band-aids on my baby dolls and my life-size big bird doll. My mom says she always knew I would do something in the health-care field. Lo and behold, I'm now a NICU nurse! I guess my mom was right!
I love to travel. I was fortunate to grow up in a family with grandparents who took the three grandchildren all over the world. I enjoy skiing in Beaver Creek, CO, swinging in Central Park, and learning about the cultures in Italy, England, and the Caribbean. And because they instilled this passion in me, I have studied abroad on my own in Brussels, Belgium and am up for the adventure of having to move to Germany in a few years for David's job!
- I have inherited my mom's love of Target. It will probably be my financial downfall, ha! I normally grab a Starbucks and walk around the store for about an hour. It's amazing how I always find things I just "have to have". ;) I do have to say though, that I've been pretty good about not over-spending lately!
- I am deathly afraid of the ocean. I love the beach, but can't stand the water! On the east coast, our ocean water is murky and you can't see anything. I'm petrified to think about what is swimming next to me and I don't even know it! And David's cousins will go fishing and catch sharks of all sizes and I am not a fan. In the bahamas and Hawaii, the water is crystal clear and while I'll venture into the water there, I still feel so uneasy because now I can see what is swimming towards me! If something is going to attack, well, I'll see it coming...it's just awful to think about, haha!
- Friends is my all-time, favorite show. I just love it! I've turned my cousin Amy on to it, who has turned her boyfriend Tyler on to it! We all use Friends quotes daily. :) In Amy's toast to me at my rehearsal dinner, she even quoted Joey! And when David and I first got engaged, my mom got us lobsters with our engagement date on them because David is my "lobster". They sit on the dresser in our bedroom. :) I do share my blue eyes with my handsome granddaddy! I am the only one in my family with blonde hair. My entire family has brown hair, although my mom started out with dirty blonde hair as a little girl.
- Speaking of my hair, I am a serial hair twirler. It started when I was a baby and at 24 I still do it. My mom tried to get me to stop multiple times when I was little and my 12th grade teacher called me out during class one time for twirling my hair so much. I can't help it. I honestly don't know that I'm doing it. I do it a lot more when I'm concentrating hard and when I'm tired. And because of this, I constantly have split ends. Woops.
- The only fast food restaurant I eat at is Chik-fil-a. Occasionally I'll get fries and a milkshake from McDonald's, but as for actual food, Chik-fil-a it is. I don't trust other fast food restaurants and now that I haven't eaten at other places in a while, the food doesn't even taste that great anymore!
- I have had major jaw surgery. I had severe TMJ with headaches and my jaw would lock- the whole shebang. So in 2008, I had a Le Forte 1 osteotomy done to my upper jaw (
- If I could go back and do my wedding all over again, I would. In a heartbeat. The whole day was perfect and I find myself wanting to put my wedding dress on quite frequently, haha! But of course, if I went back and did my wedding all over, I'd have to do the honeymoon all over again, too. ;)
Questions from Michelle:
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Hands down, Hawaii. Specifically, Maui. I would move there if I could. It's beautiful, time means nothing and the atmosphere is so relaxing. I can't wait to go back.
- What are the 5 items you cannot live without?
- I can't live without my phone. I married a technology freak and I caught the bug. I love staying connected! I also can't live without my planner. It's color-coded and my life line. No surprises for this girl, everything has to be in the planner! As weird as it sounds- I can't live without my toothbrush. I don't like to have dirty feeling teeth. It's gross. I can't live without Pandora (or any music avenue for that matter). I love music and I love to sing- in the car, in the shower, while I'm cooking. And I can't live without a book to read. I always have one with me and now that I have my nook, it's a much lighter load! :)
- What are your top 3 favorite movies?
- My favorite movie ever is Elf. It's good all year round, not just at Christmas! Second favorite is Pride and Prejudice. I love the story by Jane Austen and the movie is wonderful! My third favorite movie is a tie between A League of Their Own and That Thing You Do. I like both of them for such different reasons, I couldn't just pick one!
- Chocolate or Flowers?
- Hmm, tough one! I love chocolate to the point that I eat two pieces every.single.day. But I hardly ever get flowers. I think flowers are just beautiful. I'd say flowers since I don't get them often enough. :)
- What are you most proud of so far in your life?
- I think I am most proud of myself for landing my dream job. I worked really hard in school, graduated Summa Cum Laude, applied for a summer internship with 160 other people and was 1 of 15 chosen, and was offered 2 jobs on one day. One of them being my dream job of working in the NICU. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love taking care of those sweet babies!
- What is favorite cocktail/drink of choice?
- I don't drink many cocktails. I'm more low-key I guess! But I really like a good Riesling!
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- The beach! I love tan lines and the smell of the ocean. (Not the actual ocean...). I love going out to dinner, and warm weather!
- What's your guilty pleasure?
- Dessert. Bottom line. I love sweets, probably too much! Whether it's a handful of m&m's, a bowl of ice cream, or pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, I always have to have dessert!
- What is your dream job?
- Being a NICU nurse. :) And I'm living the dream! Although, I do think it would be cool to have a job where you sit at Starbucks on your computer all day....who are those people?!
- Ballet flats, boots, or heels?
- I'm a boots girl! I can hardly walk in heels (graceful is my middle name..) and I don't have too many cute ballet flats (maybe I should invest in more!) but I love all of my boots. Cute with most everything!
- Would you rather run outside or on the treadmill?
- I enjoy running outside. I'm a people-watcher and while there are always people in the gym, much more interesting stuff is going on outside! Plus, fresh air is always nice and I feel like I get a better variety of hills and I don't have to run at a set pace!
My questions for you:
- Dogs or cats?
- What is on the top of your bucket list?
- What are your three favorite books?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- If you could interview anyone past or present, who and why?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Yoga or zumba?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What do you wish to accomplish in the next year?
- Favorite piece of clothing?
- Favorite sport, to play or watch?
I don't have 11 people to tag, but here you are! :)