Thursday, January 8, 2015

Christmas 2014

Hadley and I headed home to family the Monday before Christmas.  (David had to work Monday and Tuesday...plus we decided we'd need 2 cars to get all of our gifts home...ha!) We had some fun stuff planned and couldn't wait to get into the Christmas spirit!


During Christmas, Charlotte has a production called The Bearstein Bears at Founder's Hall downtown.  It's a chorus of mechanical bears that sing Christmas songs.  It's really pretty neat.  My mom, Grandmom, Granddad, and I took Hadley to see the bears because we knew she would love them--and she did!  But I think she loved running around even more!  The atmosphere was so great; there were so many kids, Hadley could run some energy out, and we just had a really good time.  I'd highly recommend it if you are ever in Charlotte during the holidays!







Christmas Eve, we did our typical Christmas Eve dinner at my grandparents house, pajama search, and sat around and talked.  It's always such a blessing when we are all able to be together!  The times are few and far between now so the usual games and puzzles got pushed to the side and we enjoyed just hanging out with each other.  We also enjoyed early bed times because, you know...we're old now.







Christmas morning, we all got up and had bacon and cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I made Hadley eat before she could open any presents.  I'm not sure how many years I'll be able to pull that off, but I knew she'd be grumpy if she didn't get some grub.  This girl loves to eat!



And then we opened gifts.  This girl is such a gracious little gift receiver!  She wanted to immediately play with whatever she opened and didn't want to open anything else until she had played enough with her toy.  (Except for clothes.  Those she threw right over her shoulder.  I guess even one year olds don't like to receive clothes as gifts!)  Hadley had so many gifts, she had to stop and take a nap before she could finish opening them!








I loved Christmas being in the middle of the week.  After all was said and done, the family was all still around for the rest of the week.  We got to spend a lot of time hanging out, catching up, and everyone got to love on our baby girl.  I don't know how, but our Christmases seem to keep getting better and better!




No comments :

Post a Comment