Friday, May 2, 2014

5 on Friday!

Let's just get right into it, shall we?! :)

1) One of my hopes for this sweet girl is that she learns how to be kind to everyone.  I want her to rejoice in the good things that happen to her friends instead of exhibiting jealousy and taking away the joy from them.  I have had the most wonderful opportunity thanks to my amazing husband to work PRN and stay home for the most part with our daughter while she's little.  For some reason, the people I consider friends at work have been so negative towards me and this decision.  It's so disheartening that they can't just be happy for me.  Even if you can't be happy for me, please don't say things just to hurt my feelings.  I know I'm blessed and I'm not taking it for granted.



2) Marley doesn't get much love on the blog anymore, but I promise he is still a huge part of our family!  He will come up when Hadley isn't looking and try to give her kisses on her hands and feet, but the minute she tries to touch him, he runs away!  I think we are making progress, though.  Little by little!  He does have a little sibling rivalry going on...when she's not in the boppy, he is!  It kills me.



3) Can I just take a minute to share how awesome my cousin is?  For a while now, Scott has been training and participating in triathlons.  I am so amazed that he can do this!  I'm so proud of him and wish I had the motivation to do something like this!


Courtesy of my Grandmom :)


Courtesy of my Grandmom


Courtesy of my Grandmom


Courtesy of my Grandmom

4) And I need to brag on my grandmother a bit, too.  She's always been the photographer in the family and has recently been taking a photography course.  She is taking some awesome pictures!  I can't wait for her to teach me what she learns! :)


Courtesy of my Grandmom: motion


Courtesy of my Grandmom: "panning" so the rider is sharp and background is blurred.


Courtesy of my Grandmom: "motion with a purpose" to get the "ghost" image

5) I can't believe it's May.  In less than 6 months my baby is going to be ONE.  Are you kidding me???  As a planner, I'm already starting to think about her first birthday party, and I need some ideas!  Please help!  Minnie/Mickey Mouse party and Children's Book party have already been done by 2 of Hadley's other friends, so I need something other than that!  Do you have any ideas??!! (She was born October 19th...I'd rather not do a halloween/costume party, as I'm sure she will have plenty of those growing up!)

                                                                                     OandD Etsy Shop

Happy Friday, everyone!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments :

  1. One of my friends did a ladybug themed party for her little girl's 1st birthday, it was adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is absolutely precious and I love that you are working PRN so you can stay at home and maximize your time with her! That just makes my heart melt... Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is precious! Gorgeous big, blue eyes.
    Like you, I have aspirations for the way I want my three year-old daughter to grow up. I'm totally with you on making sure she is kind. She paid a visit to my next door neighbor's dog who is recovering from a double ACL replacement today. Granted, she loves their dog, but their dog wasn't like she usually is since she's just a few days post-op. My daughter was incredible kind and gentle with her, which made my heart sing.

    How about a Hungry Caterpillar or Brown Bear, Brown Bear birthday party theme? I am pretty sure I have pins for each of them on my birthday party board over at Pinterest. Here's the URL: http://www.pinterest.com/raisealithuman/birthday-parties.
    Also, here's a great website for kids' birthday party inspiration: http://www.hwtm.com/kids_parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that your coworkers have not been supportive of you and your decision. Honestly, try not to take it too personally... you're doing what you feel is best for you and your sweet Hadley. I hope to stay home with my sweet kids some day.

    ALSOOOO, girlllll... I have seen the CUTEST bumble bee party theme before!!!!

    Happy weekending, friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealousy annoys me!! I'm sorry you're facing that at work! No doubt sweet Hadley will be taught right by her momma! :) Having just finished my first 5k, I cannot image triathlon training! Impressive! For a bday theme, maybe a cutesy, girly fall theme? Hmm....gotta think on that one.

    ReplyDelete