Saturday, January 19, 2013

Project Photography: 1

Wow.  Two months.  It's been almost two months since I last posted.  What in the world happened?!  Well, life happened.  Regular, boring life!  I don't have children yet and I work 3-4 nights a week, leaving me in recuperation mode for the rest of the week!  I almost feel that when I don't have exciting plans (Going out to dinner with friends!  Game night!  Fixin' up the house!), my weeks basically all look the same!  Who wants to read each week about how I slept, cooked dinner, worked, and did it all over again 3 days in a row?  Not this girl!

So, I've decided I need a project to 1) get me back in the blog groove and 2) get me motivated during the week!  I've got quite a few "fun" machines around my house and I need to use them.  But first I need to learn how to use them!  My hubby and I are working on fixin' up (see...there it is!) my craft room so I can set up my grandma's Bernina sewing machine and my brand spankin' new Brother embroidery machine!  I also have an amazing Nikon DSLR that I got as a gift on my wedding day.  I use that baby all the time on auto, but am beginning to want to learn how to use my manual settings.  I plan to put aside time each week for all 3 of my machines, but the project I'll be focusing my blog on for now is my camera.

I found this little project blog through Pinterest (of course!) and I'll be using that for the next few weeks.  It's technically 31 days to a better photo, but with my work schedule, there's no way I can do a blog-a-day and practice enough to really learn what I'm doing with my camera.  So I think I'll be doing one day...once a week.  I'll practice the lesson throughout the week and post my pictures on here!  Hopefully I'll be disciplined enough to follow through.  We'll see!

Without further ado, here is lesson 1:  Take the photo.
When did you realize you loved your photos?  What motivates you to love your images?

I love photos because I love the memories they capture.  I can't count how many times I've looked back at my wedding photographs and my honeymoon photos.  Even our very first photos when we started dating!  I remember exactly where we were, what we were doing, and I almost feel like I'm back there again.  So often, I mean to bring my camera with me, only to forget it and later regret that my memory is starting to forget certain details.  I think I have always loved photos because my grandmother always took them.  Most of our family things have been captured by her and she's passed that love on to me.  But what motivates me to love my photos?  Expressions.  Soulful eyes of my sweet puppy, the open-mouthed laugh of my best friend.  Intricate details of the people (and furbabies!) I love so much.


So, here is my photo for today:



1 comment :

  1. So sweet! Just found your blog! Saw you are a clemson girl as am i!!! Assuming you must live in the carolinas?! thankful found a southern belle!

    ReplyDelete